Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lagniappe: Strawberries Romanov

Strawberries Romanov

Of all the restaurants I wish would come to Memphis, the one at the top of my list would be La Madeline. And I would forgo all others for this one "French cafeteria." But as they say, if you can't beat, join 'em, so I re-created their signature Strawberries Romanov dessert based on a recipe site I recently visited and I could tell no difference from the original. Perfect, light summer time dessert.

Here it goes (serves about two people):
1 c of washed and hulled strawberries, I prefer them chilled
1 c of sour cream
3 T of brown sugar
1 T of brandy (and I didn't have brandy so I used Cointreau and couldn't tell the difference)

Mix sour cream, brown sugar, and brandy. Let sit a few minutes in fridge and then stir again. The sauce will be tan color. Place strawberries in a crystal goblet and spoon sauce on top.
toni

No comments:

Post a Comment